Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years

Okay now it's time for my reflections and thoughts on 2007 and what lies ahead:
First of all: HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!
Ok now down to buisness...
I'll be the first to admit that not everything was good about 2007. First of all BUSH WAS OUR PRESIDENT. It was a year of war, lies, and great tragedy. We countinued a war that was built on a foundation of lies. We were run by a barely competent man. We sunk lower and lower into debt. We put wound after wound in our enviorment. Carbon emmissions went up and nobody cared. The did however care about the latest publicity stunt carried through by britney or paris and nicole or lindsay.
Despite all this, I can't help but think of the good things that happened to me when I think of 2007. I think about hanging out with my friends. I think about running around barefoot. I think about the signs we put up before Christmas baring the slogan "WAR IS OVER, If You Want It, Merry Christmas." I think about the plays I was in. I think about Macalester college (one of my fav places in the world). I think about partying. I think about dancing in the rain. I think about singing in the locker rooms. I think about sleepover. I think about movie nights. I think about being happy and free. And I think 2007 was a good year. Call me blind, deaf, and dumb, but I stand by it.
I also can't help of the possibilities that lie ahead in 2008. A new president. A new plan. A new chance to fight for peace. A new time to live and love. And a whole new set of memories. As I stood in a crowded room on New Years eve, surrounded by mostly strangers and slightly tipsy, I watched the ball drop in Times Square to the sound of Imagine by John Lennon (one of my fav songs) I couldn't help but to be filled with new hope at the prospect of what lies ahead. I don't know about you, but I'm excited.

No comments: